UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION DBE PROGRAM - 49 CFR PART 26
Horry County Department of Airports Myrtle Beach SC
Section 26.1, 26.23 Objectives/Policy Statement
Horry County (hereafter 'the County') has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) 49 CFR Part 26. The County has received federal financial assistance from USDOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the County has signed an assurance that they will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the County to ensure that DBEs, as defined in 49 CFR Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in USDOT-assisted contracts. It is also the policy:
1. To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of USDOT-assisted contracts;
2. To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for USDOT-assisted contracts;
3. To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
5. To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in USDOT-assisted contracts;
6. To promote the use of DBEs in all types of federally-assisted contracts and procurement activities conducted by recipients;
7. To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program;
8. To provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBEs.
Tracy Custard, Airport Management Analyst, Horry County Department of Airports, 1100 Jetport Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577; 843.448.1580; custardt@Hor ryCounty .org has been designated as the DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO). In that capacity, the Airport Management Analyst is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the County in its financial assistance agreements with the US Department of Transportation.
The County has disseminated this policy statement to its board members, and will distribute this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for the Airport on USDOT-assisted contracts in the following manner:
1. This policy statement will be prepared as a handout, and made available at pre-bid conferences, and/or outreach meetings conducted by the County.
2. Copies of the policy statement will be mailed to all of the agencies/organizations consulted during the development of the DBE goal methodology. This will make the County's policy for its Airports available to additional small, minority, and women business development agencies.