1. I understand and agree that this wireless network is provided as a free service by MYR, is not intended to allow for unlimited access to the entire Internet, and that access to this wireless network is completely at the sole discretion of MYR and may be suspended or terminated at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, violation of these terms and conditions, actions by me that may lead to liability for MYR, actions by me which violate the rights of MYR or of any other third party, or actions by me which violate any federal, state, or local law.
2. I understand and agree that this wireless network and any products or services provided on or in connection with this wireless network are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and without warranties of any kind. All conditions, representations, indemnities, guarantees and warranties (whether express, implied or arising by operation of law, custom or the prior statement(s) of any party), including, but not limited to, any warranty of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded and disclaimed. MYR will not provide technical assistance to me, and there is no guarantee that I will be able to make a wireless connection or that my connection will be uninterrupted or error-free.
3. I understand and agree that the MYR public wireless network is an "open network" which means that information transmitted on this network is unencrypted and unsecured and that I agree to and hereby assume all risks (including, without limitation, the risks of damage caused by hackers, worms, Trojans, or viruses) arising from, connected to, or resulting from my use of this wireless network, and that MYR does not guarantee or warrant the security of this wireless network and shall have no liability for any damages, direct or indirect, occurring as a result of the use of MYR electronic resources.
4. I understand and agree that MYR staff does not provide any technical assistance for wireless connectivity, that I am solely responsible for connecting and configuring my own equipment, and that under no circumstances will MYR or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates be liable for any legal damages (whether based on tort, breach of contract, or equitable theories) based on any claim by me, or any of my heirs, assignees, appointees or successors-in-interest, and arising out of or as a result of my use or that of permissive users of my computer of this wireless network.
5. I agree that I will not use MYR computer resources unlawfully. The following constitute violations of the terms and conditions of use (this list is intended to be illustrative and may not be all-inclusive; other uses may violate the policy and MYR remains the sole and final arbiter of acceptable usage of this free Internet service):
Illegal use: Using the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
Harm to minors: Using the service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
Threats: Using the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
Harassment: Using the services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
Inappropriate content: Using the services to create, display, advocate, or transmit threatening, racist, sexist, obscene, offensive, or annoying language and/or material, including broadcasting unsolicited messages or sending unwanted mail.
Fraudulent activity: Using the services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," unregistered sales of securities, securities fraud and "chain letters."
Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network, message, or article header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
Unsolicited commercial e-mail/Unsolicited bulk e-mail: Using the services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk e-mail. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or unsolicited bulk e-mail, whether or not that e-mail is commercial in nature, are prohibited. Using deliberately misleading headers in e-mails sent to multiple parties is prohibited.
Unauthorized access: Using the service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, to gain unauthorized access to any system or sensitive information, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of MYR's or another entity's or individual's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in disruption of service or the corruption or loss of data.
Copyright or trademark infringement: Using the services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
Collection of personal data: Using the service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Using the service for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use this service.
High Volume, Server Hosting, and non-traditional end-user activities: The service is intended for periodic active use of e-mail, instant messaging, browsing the World Wide Web, and other typical end-user activities. High volume data transfers, especially sustained high volume data transfers, are prohibited.
Attempting to exploit or exploiting security holes in computers or networks.
6. I agree not to tamper with MYR systems or settings in any way.
7. I understand that I will be using my electronic equipment in a public area and that privacy cannot be guaranteed.
8. I agree that if I do not comply with these rules, I will be held liable for any damage my actions may cause, and I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless MYR and each of its officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates from any claim, lawsuit, liability, loss, damage, cost, expense or attorney's fees arising out of or relating to any actions initiated or caused by me while connecting to or using this wireless network.
By clicking the “I Accept” button below, you are agreeing to the terms and policies of the preceding Myrtle Beach International Airport Wireless Access Usage Agreement.